Onam Special Payasam Recipes without Sugar. Paruppu Payasam is an easy South Indian dessert made with moong dal, coconut milk, and jaggery. Perfect to make during any occasion.
Ghee - 1 cup
Dal - 1 cup
Warm Water - 3 cup
Liquid Jaggery - 1 cup
Thin Coconut milk - 3 cup
Thick Coconut milk - 1 1/2 cup
Dry ginger powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. Roast dal in ghee for 10 minutes.
2. Cook it in water till 4 whistles
3. Fry nuts, coconut, and raisins in ghee.
4. In the same ghee add cooked dal and cook till it becomes thick.
5. Add jaggery and thin coconut milk and cook on high flame for 10 minutes.
6. Add thick coconut milk and don't boil just heat it and turn off.
7. Add ginger and cardamom powder. Add nuts and garnish.
coconut milk dessert
lentil dessert without sugar
jaggery kheer recipe
kheer without sugar
2 years ago